The first in Ukraine was opened in Dnipropetrovsk Oblast regional office of decarbonization and energy efficiency.
The relevant memorandum was signed by the State Agency for Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving with the Dnipropetrovsk Regional Administration and the Regional Council, the agency's Facebook page says.
It is noted that the regional offices will help communities become energy efficient and introduce modern technologies and innovations into the reconstruction process.
"Local self-government is a real driving force for change. By uniting, we are able to achieve real results for the energy-efficient life of communities," said Head of the State Energy Efficiency Agency Hanna Zamazeyeva during the opening of the office in Dnipropetrovsk Oblast.
She emphasized that the office will create a platform for cooperation, which will have a number of advantages, including:
- saving the budget;
- more comfortable schools and hospitals;
- new jobs;
- competitive business.
"Our mission is to encourage, inform and practically support the leading role of communities in strengthening energy independence and low-carbon development of the state. We, together with local authorities, will form an army of professional, competent and purposeful energy managers who will become the driving force of energy-efficient changes," said Zamazeyeva.
It is noted that the office will become a platform for cooperation between the State Energy Efficiency Agency and local authorities in such main areas as:
- energy consumption management: implementation of energy management systems, development of a local energy plan, energy certification of buildings, energy audits;
- creation of the "energy security cushion" of the region (identification and use of the potential of replacing traditional types of fuel, alternative heat supply, highly efficient cogeneration, production of biogas and biomethane);
- attraction of financial resources for energy-efficient transformation of regions (through the future National Decarbonization Platform, ESCO, municipal green finance, international financial assistance, etc.);
- education and popularization in the direction of energy efficiency.
Earlier, EcoPolitic wrote, that the project of the State Budget of Ukraine for 2024 foresees a new budget program State Fund for Decarbonization and Energy-Efficient Transformation" in the amount of 759.2 million hryvnias.
As EcoPolitic previously reported, the European Commission published the updated Energy Efficiency Directive 2023/1791, which introduces the principle of "energy efficiency first" in energy and non-energy policy.