Denmark is ready to fully support Ukraine's initiatives to help the population and enterprises become energy efficient and prepare for winter.
This was discussed at the meeting of the head of the State Agency for Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving, Hanna Zamazeyeva, with the Ambassador of Denmark to Ukraine, Ole Egberg Mikkelsen, the Government Portal reports.
It is noted that further mutually beneficial areas of cooperation between the two countries were discussed at the meeting, in particular regarding the restoration of Ukraine on the basis of energy efficiency and decarbonization.
Zamazeyeva said that in Ukraine:
- the already established State Fund for decarbonization and energy-efficient transformation;
- a large-scale state leasing platform was introduced to attract global, in particular Danish, energy-efficient technologies and equipment in the field of alternative energy sources, which Ukrainian consumers will be able to use, on unique terms;
- a number of energy efficiency programs have been developed to support the population, private households, local self-government bodies, ESCO companies and the budget sector, as well as enterprises.
"The ambassador, sincerely impressed and interested in such ambitious goals and the need for decisive changes, assured of his readiness to fully support. Denmark has everything for this – experience, especially with regard to energy efficiency in heat supply, clean technologies, financial instruments (Investment Fund of Denmark), etc.,” the message emphasized.
It is noted that Zamazeyeva and Mikkelsen agreed to start dialogue and cooperation with:
- by the Danish Ministry of Climate, Energy and Utilities;
- the Danish Energy Agency;
- by Danish companies in the field of energy efficiency and alternative fuels.
Earlier, EcoPolitic wrote, that the State Fund for Decarbonization and Energy-Efficient Transformation will be operational in Ukraine from January 1, 2024.
As EcoPolitic previously reported, Ukraine and Denmark concluded an Agreement on expansion of energy partnership in the field of wind generation.