In the Zaporizhzhia region, polluting enterprises have paid 232.8 million hryvnias in environmental tax since the beginning of 2023.
Out of this sum, 201 million 600 thousand hryvnias were transferred to the state budget, reports the State Tax Service (STS) in Zaporizhzhya Region.
It is noted that the local budget received 31.2 million hryvnias.
The message emphasized that economic entities should pay eco-tax for:
- emissions of pollutants into the atmosphere by stationary sources of pollution;
- discharges of pollutants directly into water bodies;
- placement of waste, in addition to placement of secondary raw materials on the own territories of economic entities;
- formation of radioactive waste, in particular already accumulated;
- temporary storage of radioactive waste by their producers beyond the term established by the special conditions of the license.
For the entire year 2021, polluting enterprises of the region paid 434.5 million hryvnias in environmental taxes.
Earleir, EcoPolitic wrote, that the group of mining and metallurgical companies "Metinvest" in the first half of 2023 paid 302 million hryvnias in environmental taxes to the state and local budgets.
As EcoPolitic previously reported, in Ukraine, discussions began on changes to the Tax Code in order to extend the eco-tax on burial and disposal of waste. This should stimulate the reduction of direct burial, the development of sorting and recycling.