In Ukraine, during the month of the forestry campaign, 103.2 million woody plants were planted on an area of 15,184.6 hectares, of which 471.5 hectares were new forests.
Plants were planted in 23 regions, dendrological park of the research institute of forestry and agroforestry named after GM Vysotsky (UkrNDILGA) and Shatsk National Nature Park in Volyn region, reports State Forest Resources Agency of Ukraine.
155 million seedlings have already been planted as part of the program of the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky "Green Country".
"During the war, we continue to plant greenery in our country. Moreover, we plan to build modern breeding and seed centers in 8 regions to increase the capacity for growing planting material for the coming years," said Yuri Bolokhovets, head of the State Forestry Resources Agency.
Number of planted plants in the regions:
- Vinnytsia - 3736.6 thousand;
- Volyn - 8154.6 thousand;
- Dnipropetrovsk - 1040.3 thousand;
- Donetsk - 11.0 thousand;
- Zhytomyr - 23,568.1 thousand;
- Transcarpathian - 726.1 thousand;
- Zaporizhzhia - 21.0 thousand;
- Ivano-Frankivsk - 585.3 thousand;
- Kyiv - 6108.0 thousand;
- Kirovohrad - 1106.8 thousand;
- Lviv - 4050.9 thousand;
- Mykolayiv - 339.5 thousand;
- Odesa - 117.8 thousand;
- Poltava - 5097.3 thousand;
- Rivne - 24,622.4 thousand;
- Sumy - 5926.0 thousand;
- Ternopil - 1480.1 thousand;
- Kharkiv - 1164.3 thousand;
- Kherson - 352.3 thousand;
- Khmelnytsky - 2094.1 thousand;
- Cherkasy - 5188.7 thousand;
- Chernivtsi - 1137.8 thousand;
- Chernihiv - 6371.1 thousand;
- UkrNDILGA - 173.3 thousand;
- Shatsk NNP - 19.4 thousand.
The material emphasized that the best time for planting is spring and autumn, when the plants are in a natural deciduous state and in a state of reduced activity of physiological processes.
We will remind, in the Lviv region for a day landed almost 50 thousand oaks and pines.
As EcoPoliticа reported earlier, Ukrainian women woodworking industry want to attract more trading partners from the EU.