Ukraine's second regional office for decarbonization and energy efficiency has been launched in Kropyvnytskyi to help implement European energy efficiency policy.
The office will become a platform for cooperation between the State Agency on Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving and local authorities, the agency's press service reports on Facebook.
It is noted that the State Agency on Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving also consolidated cooperation in a memorandum with the Kirovohrad Regional State Administration and the Regional Council.
The press service emphasized that energy efficiency and decarbonization, with all their environmental, social, and economic benefits, are the drivers of community reconstruction and sustainable development. This approach has long been implemented by the world's leading countries.
Hanna Zamazeyeva, Head of the State Agency on Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving, explained that energy efficiency brings a number of benefits to communities, namely:
- energy independence and sustainability;
- saving the budget and attracting investments;
- more comfortable and economical schools, hospitals and kindergartens;
- new jobs;
- cleaner air and a healthier population.
"Energy-saving technologies are markers of high-quality economic development. And decarbonization is an integral element of a healthy environment. Despite the war, despite colossal difficulties, we need to implement the European energy efficiency policy, and the systemic partnership with the State Energy Efficiency Agency will be a strong guarantee, a driver of processes," said the head of Kirovohradska OVA Andrii Raykovych.
The first deputy head of the State Energy Efficiency Agency Maria Malaya noted that the office will have the following tasks:
- make technical, organizational, technological and financial solutions for energy efficiency more accessible to communities;
- to form a network of energy managers who will become leaders of energy-efficient transformation and low-carbon development in every corner of Ukraine.
The press service added that the office will become a platform for cooperation in the following main areas:
- energy consumption management;
- creation of the "energy security cushion" of the region;
- attraction of financial resources for energy-efficient transformation of regions;
- education and popularization in the direction of energy efficiency.
Earlier, EcoPolitic wrote, that in Dnipropetrovsk region, the first regional office of decarbonization and energy efficiency in Ukraine was opened.
As EcoPolitic previously reported, the draft State Budget of Ukraine for 2024 provides for a new budget program State Fund for Decarbonization and Energy Efficient Transformation in the amount of 759.2 million hryvnias.