In the air of Kyiv last week, the average daily maximum permissible concentrations of nitrogen dioxide and other pollutants were exceeded.
This is stated in the weekly reports on air pollution from the Borys Sreznevsky Central Geophysical Observatory.
According to him, in the period from 13 to 18 June 2022 in the air of Kiev slightly increased the level of nitrogen dioxide pollution compared to last week. At the same time, the content of carbon monoxide and formaldehyde decreased.
According to observations at stationary posts of the observatory, there was an excess of the average daily maximum allowable concentrations:
- 1.0-1.1 times on Victory Square, Victory Avenue (Sviatoshyn metro area), Kaunaska Street;
- 1.0-1.3 times on Demiivska Square, Peremohy Avenue, Semyon Sklyarenko and Inzhenera Borodina Streets;
- 4.0-6.5 times on Demiivska and Peremohy Squares, Peremohy and Obolonsky Avenues, Kaunaska Street;
- 2.5-3.6 times on Lesia Ukrainka Boulevard, in the Hydropark area, Akademika Strazheska Street (intersection with Vaclav Havel Boulevard), Popudrenko and Sklyarenko Streets, except for 37 Nauki Avenue (near the meteorological site), where no exceedances were observed;
- 3.0-3.9 times on Demiivska Square, Lesia Ukrainka Boulevard, Peremohy and Obolonsky Avenues, Akademika Strazheska and Sklyarenko Streets;
- 1.8-2.9 times on Victory Square, near the Hydropark, Nauki Avenue, Popudrenko and Kaunaska streets.
A total of 1,380 atmospheric air samples were taken and analyzed at 16 stationary observatory posts during this period.