On Thursday, November 30, the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Environmental Policy and Nature Management will hold a meeting via video conference at 14:00.
The MPs will consider proposals on issues requiring legislative regulation to the draft Plan of Legislative Work of the Verkhovna Rada for 2024.
The Environmental Committee will also submit its proposals to the
- Draft Law No. 0234 "On Withdrawal from the Agreement on Cooperation in the Field of Conservation and Use of Genetic Resources of Cultivated Plants of the CIS Member States";
- Draft Law No. 10182 "On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine on Bringing Terminology into Compliance with Legislation in the Fields of Urban Development and Road Management";
- Draft Law No. 10183 "On Amendments to the Budget Code of Ukraine on Bringing the Terminology into Compliance with the Law of Ukraine "On Regulation of Urban Planning";
- Draft Law No. 10184 "On Amendments to the Civil Code of Ukraine on Bringing the Terminology into Compliance with the Law of Ukraine "On Regulation of Town Planning Activities";
- Draft Law No. 10207 "On Amendments to Certain Laws of Ukraine Regarding the Handling of Pesticides and Agrochemicals in Ukraine".
As a reminder, the European Commission has rated the country's progress in environmental protection and climate change as "2" on a five-point scale, which means "some level." Part of the environmental community considers this progress insufficient, while others consider it a failure.