The State Agency for Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving has implemented the EU requirements for ecodesign and energy labeling of Ukrainian equipment and technology.
This is stated in the message of the State Energy Efficiency.
Over the past three months, based on the results of developments, it was approved:
- Technical regulation on ecodesign requirements for local solid fuel heaters, by government decree of 05/03/2022 No. 532;
- Order of the Ministry of Energy dated April 27, 2022 No. 164 Technical Regulations for energy labeling of energy-consuming products, in accordance with the updated EU legislation, which is currently under state registration with the Ministry of Justice.
In addition, the Agency has developed draft government decrees on the approval of:
- Technical Regulation on ecodesign requirements for air heaters, coolers, high temperature industrial coolers and fan coils;
- Technical regulation on ecodesign requirements for light sources and individual control mechanisms;
- Technical regulation on ecodesign requirements for refrigeration appliances;
- as well as on making changes to the list of types of products for which state market supervision bodies carry out state market supervision.
"Approval of these technical regulations and compliance with their requirements will gradually oust from the Ukrainian market the equipment that is the most energy-intensive and has a negative impact on the environment. At the same time, consumers will receive an assortment of energy-efficient equipment," the agency noted.
At the same time, Ukrainian manufacturers will have more opportunities to sell their goods on the EU market.