The State Agency for Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving, pursuant to the Law of Ukraine "On Energy Efficiency", is working on the development of a government decision on the creation and operation of the National Energy Efficiency Monitoring System.
This was announced on Monday, June 6, by the press service of State Agency for Energy Efficiency.
We are talking about the introduction of a single centralized information system that will monitor:
– implementation of the National Energy Efficiency Action Plan, strategy for thermal modernization of buildings;
- the state of implementation of energy management systems of state authorities, local governments at enterprises, institutions, organizations;
– implementation of state targeted programs in the field of energy efficiency and evaluation of their effectiveness;
– availability of local energy plans and reports on their implementation;
– comparing the energy efficiency of facilities (benchmarking).
According to the agency, the system will operate on the basis of the latest digital technologies using modern technical means to collect, process and store information on the use of energy resources for further monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of their use.
"The system will become a reliable source of systematic and reliable information about the level of energy efficiency in Ukraine and the implementation of national goals in this area," the State Energy Efficiency Agency said.
Recall that President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky invited Iceland to take part in the restoration of Ukraine, in particular in its energy modernization.