In August 2023, Ukrainians bought 3.8 thousand electric cars, and the largest number of both new and used such cars was bought by residents of Lviv Oblast.
The five leading regions also include Kyiv, Kyiv, Dnipropetrovsk and Vinnytsia regions, reports Ukravtoprom on Telegram.
It is noted that in the sulfur the leading regions acquired:
- in the Lviv region – 524 units (94% of used electric cars from the total number);
- in Kyiv – 488 units (64% used);
- in the Kyiv region – 296 units (74% of used);
- in the Dnipropetrovsk region – 290 units (83% of used);
- in Vinnytsia region – 234 units (93% used).
The message emphasized that among new cars, the most popular electric car on the market remains the VOLKSWAGEN ID.4. And among used cars imported from abroad:
- VOLKSWAGEN e-Golf – in Lviv region;
- TESLA Model 3 – in Kyiv and Dnipropetrovsk region;
- NISSAN Leaf – in Kyiv region and Vinnytsia region.
Earlier, EcoPolitic wrote, that 12.6 thousand electric cars were added to the fleet of carbon-neutral transport in Ukraine from January to June 2023, which is three times more than in 2022.
As EcoPolitic previously reported, in 2022, sales of electric vehicles worldwide will increase to about 10% of the total market, thanks to significant growth in China and Europe. Sales of electric vehicles reached 7.8 million units, which is 68% more than in 2021.