In the fight against anthropogenic climate change governments and businesses have a key role to play in reducing carbon emissions, but everyone can do their part to combat global warming.
The actions of specific people are also important, so experts advise implementing big and small eco-tips in everyday life, reports NPR.
Among the most effective eco-solutions, the material named:
- installation of heat pumps;
- replacing a gas stove with an electric one;
- correct use of the air conditioner and checking its technical condition;
- installation of a water monitoring system;
- consumption of less beef and other meat;
- composting of spoiled food and rational nutrition;
- reduce the number of disposable items, such as coffee capsules;
- repairing electronics and clothes instead of buying new things;
- leave fallen leaves on the ground for the winter, and cut grass on the lawns in the summer;
- replacing the lawn with a natural meadow;
- planting plants in the garden for pollinating insects;
- tree planting where possible;
- painting the roof white to reduce the summer heat;
- installation of a rooftop SES;
- replacing a classic car with an electric car, using electric bicycles and public transport.
Earlier, EcoPolitic wrote, that for Ukrainians, they have prepared life hacks and tips on energy efficiency, which are used all over the world.
As EcoPolitic previously reported, eco-activists have prepared useful tips that will help care for the environment and save money.