On Monday, February 5, the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Environmental Policy and Nature Management will hold a meeting via videoconference at 11:00 a.m.
The committee is to submit its proposals to:
- draft law No. 10221 "On the introduction of amendments to the Criminal Code of Ukraine regarding the protection of medical workers, employees of the emergency medical care system and pharmacy institutions, rehabilitation specialists, and rescue workers from illegal encroachment on life and health during the performance of official duties ";
- Draft Law No. 10135-d "On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine Regarding the Creation of Conditions for the Restoration of the Kakhov Reservoir".
People's deputies will also consider a number of issues, including:
- approval of the staff list of the staff of the National Commission for Radiation Protection of the Population of Ukraine;
- presentation of the Strategy for the Development of Territories in the Zone of Exclusion and the Zone of Unconditional (Mandatory) Resettlement for 2024-2032, approved by Cabinet of Ministers Order No. 49 dated January 23, 2024;
- report on the work of the Eco Committee for the period of the tenth session of the Verkhovna Rada of the ninth convocation (September 2023 – February 2024);
- changes to the Work Plan of the Eco Committee for the period of the eleventh session of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine of the ninth convocation.
Earlier, EcoPolitic wrote, that due to the non-compliance of the Cabinet of Ministers' actions with the requirements of Law No. 2320-IX "On Waste Management" since January 9, there is not a single licensed company for the disposal of hazardous waste, and businesses cannot legally dispose of this type of waste.