Deputy Minister of Environmental Protection and Natural Resources Ruslan Grechanyk said that the National Plan for the Restoration of Ukraine in the field of eco-security should be cross-sectoral and contain the principles of the European green course.
For this, 9 reforms in 5 directions are planned, which will require €25.5 billion of investments, the Ministry of Environment reports on Telegram.
This happened during a discussion on the project of the National Recovery Plan in the field of environmental security, within the framework of the "Voice of Civil Society" project. The meeting was attended by Grechanyk and adviser to the Minister of Environmental Protection and Natural Resources Tetyana Tymochko.
It is noted that at the event, the Ministry of Environment presented the latest version of the project of the National Recovery Plan in the field of eco-safety. It was developed by a working group of leading Ukrainian and international experts.
"The recovery plan envisages a systematic approach to the implementation of the principles of "green recovery". Its implementation is planned through the implementation of 9 reforms in 5 directions. For this, 53 environmental protection projects have been laid there, for which, according to preliminary estimates, it is necessary to invest about €25.5 billion," Grechanyk emphasized.
Tymochko said that at the last stage of the discussion of the "Environmental safety" section, the National Plan received more than 170 comments, including from international partners. As a result of their consideration:
- updated data on the impact of the war on the sector and added basic data;
- the wording and terms of the "Environmental safety" section have been clarified;
- qualitative target indicators for achieving goals have been updated;
- the operational goals of climate, water policy and the development of nature protection territories have been specified;
- new expected results regarding the increase in the area of nature conservation areas – up to 30%, etc. have been established.
She emphasized that since the beginning of the discussion of the Plan, about 400 proposals have been received, which are summarized in a separate section. The last 170 comments, which mainly dealt with the cross-cutting issues of green recovery regarding:
- energy security;
- agrarian policy;
- urban planning;
- modernization of cities and regions;
- restoration and development of infrastructure;
- development of the military-industrial complex, etc.
"All of them have been worked out and most of them are reflected in the draft plan. Comments are still coming in, so we are planning another meeting of the working group to consider them," Tymochko stressed.
As EcoPolitic reported earlier, the Minister of Environmental Protection and Natural Resources Ruslan Strelets said that the European green course can become the basis of the post-war green development of Ukraine and solve those problems that arose after February 24, 2022.