In the air of Kyiv during the week from July 11 to 16, 2022, an excess of the average daily maximum permissible concentrations of nitrogen dioxide up to 4,3 times and formaldehyde to 3,7 time.
Compared to the previous week, the level of pollution decreased due to weather conditions, in particular, a decrease in air temperature and precipitation , says the weekly reports on air pollution from the Borys Sreznevsky Central Geophysical Observatory.
According to the data of the observatory, the limit of permissible concentration (LPC) is exceeded according to the average daily content nitrogen dioxide last week was:
- 3.5-4.3 times on Peremogy Square, Peremogy Avenue, Sklyarenko Street;
- 2.3-2.9 times on Demiivska and Bessarabska squares, Lesya Ukrainka boulevard, in the Hydropark area, Akademik Strazheska, Dovzhenka, Popudrenka, Inzhenera Borodin and Kaunaska streets;
- no excesses were observed at 37 Nauky Ave. (in the area of the meteorological station).
Exceeding the LPC by average daily content formaldehyde:
- 2.8-3.7 times on Demiivska and Bessarabska squares, Peremogy avenue, Dovzhenka, Kaunaska and Sklyarenko streets;
- 1.2-2.5 times on Peremogy Square, Lesya Ukrainka Boulevard, Nauky Avenue, in the Hydropark area, Akademika Strazheska and Popudrenka Streets.
Other exceedances of LPC by average daily content:
- of suspended solids – 1.0-1.1 times on Bessarabska and Peremoha squares, Peremoha avenue (Sviatoshin metro area), Dovzhenka street;
- of carbon monoxide – by 1.0-1.4 times on Demiivska Square, Akademika Strazheska Street (intersection with Vaclav Havel Boulevard) and Semen Sklyarenko Street.
Experts of the observatory selected and analyzed 1412 samples of atmospheric air from 15 posts.
"According to the forecast of the Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Center, the nature of the weather will be unstable in the next two to three days, precipitation is possible, wind speed will increase, which will mostly not contribute to the accumulation of harmful impurities in the atmosphere," the material said.
Earlier, EcoPolitic wrote, that they found in the air of Kyiv an eightfold increase harmful substances.