A round table "Opinions and views of the population of Ukraine on the environmental consequences of the war: May 2022" will be held in Kyiv on Friday, June 10, to discuss the results of an all-Ukrainian poll on the consequences of the war for the environment.
The results of the study will help develop recommendations for more effective communication on the consequences of environmental crimes, said in a press release.
The survey was conducted in May 2022 by the Kyiv International Institute of Sociology at the request of DAI.
The key objectives of the study were: assessing the level of interest of Ukrainians in the consequences of the war for the environment, identifying the perception of Ukrainians critical of these consequences for themselves and the country, determining the source of information about the environmental consequences of war and awareness.
The article noted that among the damage caused by Russia, the damage to the environment and the environment should be singled out, as environmental crimes have consequences not only for a particular area and the people who live in it, but also for the whole world.
The results of the survey will also be used to form communication plans of the Ministry of Environment.
The purpose of the event is to discuss the results of the survey with specialists in the field of state and public communications, journalists and to identify communication tasks and priorities for key stakeholders.
The event will include a discussion in a hybrid format (offline and online presentation, the main part - offline, some speakers) and a presentation of the survey results
Venue - Media Center Ukraine Ukrinform: Kyiv, st. B. Khmelnytsky 8/16, 1st floor. The event will last from 12.00 to 13.30 (Kyiv time).
Round table participants:
- Representative of the Ministry of Environment;
- Representative of the EU Delegation to Ukraine;
- Representatives of the APENA 2 Project "Support to Ukraine in Approximate EU Legislation in the Field of Environment";
- Representative of the Kyiv International Institute of Sociology;
- Representative of the Ministry of Environment Reform Support Team;
- Representatives of relevant public organizations, experts in the field of ecology.
- Representatives of public organizations in the field of state and public communications.
- Media representatives.
We will remind, on Green Week 2022 told how destruction of the nature in Ukraine will affect all world.
As EcoPolitika reported earlier, the expert from the United States spoke about the extent and consequences of environmental damage in Ukraine.