On Friday, January 12, the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Environmental Policy and Nature Management will meet via video conference at 15:00.
The MPs will consider the government draft law No. 10217 "On Amendments to Certain Laws of Ukraine on Regulation of the Functioning of Territories Affected by Radioactive Contamination as a Result of the Chornobyl Disaster", in respect of which the environmental committee is designated as the lead committee.
The ecological committee must also submit its proposals to:
- Draft Law No. 0244 "On the Ratification of the Additional Agreement between Ukraine and the Technical Secretariat of the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons on Privileges and Immunities for Technical Assistance Visits";
- Draft Law No. 0237 "On Withdrawal from the Agreement on the Cooperation of the Commonwealth of Independent States in the Event of the Evacuation of Their Citizens from Third Countries in the Event of Emergency Situations".
People's deputies will also consider a number of issues regarding:
- the state of implementation of the Plan of legislative work of the Verkhovna Rada for 2023;
- proposals of the eco-committee to the draft agenda of the 11th session of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine of the ninth convocation;
- the work plan of the Eco Committee for the period of the eleventh session of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine of the ninth convocation.
Previously, EcoPolitic prepared for its readers an overview of three key environmental draft laws, which in Ukraine should be adopted in 2024.